Office: 330-668-3300 - 24/7 Support: 234-206-9110

In May of 2024, FairlawnGig surveyed its residential customers to measure customer satisfaction and better understand our impact on the community. The annual survey consisted of fourteen questions and collected 596 residential customer responses, yielding an accuracy of +/- 4%. This is the fifth year we have fielded our customer satisfaction survey and year over year over year, satisfaction has remained consistently high in an ISP industry accustomed to low satisfaction scores. Of note this year, FairlawnGig had its most significant outage a few months prior to the survey fielding, theoretically lowering some scores.

Overall satisfaction amongst household customers is 95% with more than 4 in 5 (82%) saying they are “very satisfied” with FairlawnGig.

In 2024 we added two questions to gauge overall opinions on both value and the most appealing characteristics of FairlawnGig service.

Do FairlawnGig’s customers believer they are receiving a good value for their dollar? An overwhelming 94% of FairlawnGig customers say they are, with only 6% being unsure and no one expressing that they are NOT receiving a good value.

Why does someone pick an internet service provider? The ‘big guys’ only advertise speed and price – but is that all that’s important to people? In the case of FairlawnGig, making that choice was also largely influenced by reliability (72%), local service (57%), and even no data caps (24%) to name a few… but yes, price (79%) and speed (73%) were the most important factors.

When asked to rate the FairlawnGig’s customer service, 4 in 5 (80%) said “excellent” with 96% stating the service they receive from FairlawnGig is at least “good.”

Almost all of Fairlawn residents say FairlawnGig is important to living in Fairlawn (95%) while a majority (80%) attribute FairlawnGig as either “extremely” or “very important” to their decision to live ins Fairlawn. Take rate for FairlawnGig is now bearing 70%, meaning 7 in 10 homes in our footprint subscribe to FairlawnGig.

Pew Research reports that 14% of Americans work from home while 20% work full-time from home in Fairlawn. 47% of FairlawnGig customers work from home at least part-time, while nationally that number is 41%.

So, what are the activities that FairlawnGig is allowing customers to do seamlessly? Other than streaming (70%), FairlawnGig-enabled economic activities including online shopping (72%), videoconferencing (55%), and work-from home (46%). Telemedicine is down slightly at 21% while online continuing education is steady at 12%.

While traditional ISPs offer television service, FairlawnGig does not. Despite this, the service has reached nearly 70% take rate in our service footprint.

Three in four (75%) of FairlawnGig customers have “cut the cord” of cable television completely while the remaining 25% still rely on cable TV for home entertainment. For these customers, they’re not ready to rely solely on streaming for their television viewing.

How are customers streaming? Netflix (75%), Amazon (73%), Hulu (45%), and Disney+ (43%) are the most popular streaming platforms in Fairlawn.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, is the “Net Promoter Score” (NPS). A Net Promoter Score gauges customer loyalty and should correlate with revenue growth. The NPS is figured with one simple question:

How likely is it that you would recommend FairlawnGig to a friend or family member? (on a scale of 0-10 where zero is “not at all likely” and ten is “extremely likely.”)

This question produced a NPS for FairlawnGig of 87, an increase of 1 from 2022 (86), 3 from 2021 (84) and 7 from 2020 (80). This puts FairlawnGig is solidly in the top quartile of organizational scores and much higher than the typical ISP, which typically have sub-20 NPS scores.*

NPS classifies FairlawnGig’s customers in its standard categories that follow:

  • Promoters (88% of FairlawnGig customers). Responded 9 or 10. Likely to exhibit value- creating behaviors including buying more, remaining customers for longer, and making more positive referrals to other potential customers.
  • Passives (9%). Responses of 7 or 8, unlikely to help or hurt brand.
  • Detractors (3%). Responded with a score of 0 to 6. Less likely to exhibit value-creating
    behaviors for the brand.

* The average Net Promoter Score for Internet Service Providers is in the range of 16.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s study!