The FairlawnGigTM network delivers an unprecedented level of Internet service to the Fairlawn area.
FairlawnGig is a municipal broadband utility established by the City of Fairlawn that is transforming how Fairlawn residents experience the Internet. Before FairlawnGig, the fastest residential service available in Fairlawn was 50 mbps down and 5 mbps up. FairlawnGig’s premium Gigabit plan is twenty times faster for downloads and 200 times faster for uploads. But what really sets FairlawnGig apart is the enhanced reliability from our 100% fiber network.
Are you ready to make the switch to a faster better Internet service? Then sign up for FairlawnGig Internet service during the construction phase here and the installation fee will be waived. See FairlawnGig’s plans and pricing here.
Please subscribe to the FairlawnGig newsletter for updates and more about how to make the most of FairlawnGig. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Thinking about moving from traditional cable or satellite to streaming your TV content? FairlawnGig is the best network for streaming. Read more about making the transition in our “Cutting the Cord” articles.
Residential installation includes the fiber connection to your house from the FairlawnGig network in the street, and installation and configuration of the FairlawnGig ONT (the box that contains the interface to the FairlawnGig fiber network inside your house, similar to the modem you may currently have).
Standard installation includes connecting to your house from the most logical exterior location and installing and configuring the FairlawnGig ONT inside your home. Extra indoor wiring and custom configurations are possible for an additional fee. See how the FairlawnGig installation works here.
FairlawnGig will waive the $150 installation fee for residents who sign up during the construction period.
The FairlawnGig ONT incorporates several essential functions into a single device that is installed in your home.
- Fiber network termination. ONT stands for Optical Network Termination. This is the “receiver” of the Internet signal over the fiber network. It converts light traveling over the fiber optic cable into data for your home network.
- Home router. A four port Gigabit Ethernet router with a modern firewall and other security features that allow you to manage your home network.
- Wi-Fi Access Point. A state of the art, four-stream 11ac access point is integrated into the FairlawnGig ONT. This AP will support all of your Wi-Fi devices and will extend your wireless network to every corner of your home.
- Two Telephone ports. The FairlawnGig ONT includes two POTS lines which are used for optional phone service.
- Uninterruptable power supply for the ONT. Your Internet and phone service will stay on if there is a power outage.
- There are no equipment fees.
Phone service is available for $25 per month per line, plus 6.75% tax. Up to two phone lines are available with the standard FairlawnGig residential installation. The phone service will utilize your existing telephone handsets and indoor home wiring. You may keep your current phone number or FairlawnGig will issue a new one.
It is a fully featured phone system including all of the features you expect from a modern phone system, including:
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- Three Way Calling and more.
FairlawnGig phone service includes unlimited nationwide calling—there are no long distance charges for calls made within the United States. Contact FairlawnGig to find out about international calling options or check out rates for many cities here.
|Gigabit||1000 Mbps Upload and Download||$75|
|Premium||100 Mbps Upload and Download||$55||
|Basic||30 Mbps Upload and Download||$30||
*Residential customers who accept free home installation commit to the FairlawnGig service for at least three months. Customers who discontinue service before the three month period ends will be charged the $150 installation fee in addition to any service fees.